- Shingle Style Home w/ 203` of Lake Michigan Frontage
- Large Lakefront Lot in Private Gated Community
- The Best of All Worlds!!
- Completely Renovated 5 Bedroom Home
- Lake Michigan Sunsets
- Nantucket Style Cottage w/ Private Association Beach Access
- Sophisticated Cape Cod
- Spacious Home in Sunset Shores
- Galien Riverfront "One of a Kind"
- 2 Blocks to Lake Michigan!
- View More
Moving With Fido
Moving With Fido, Tips for making the move easier on your pet
The time has finally come! The ink is drying on the sales contract, and you are gearing up for the big move. But how will this chaotic time affect the four-legged members of your family?
Our dear pets thrive on our love, but they also thrive on routine. And a move can be a hectic time, where daily walks, feedings, and sleep schedules may be interrupted.
Here are five tips to make your move more pet-friendly.
1. Veterinary Visit. Your veterinarian is a wonderful source of information and resources about your upcoming move. Be sure to ask them about sedation options for air travel, vaccination boosters, and even micro-chipping. Your dog may be disoriented by the move, and using micro-chipping and updated tags can be helpful in recovering a lost pet.
For your new home, be sure to scope out a local vet`s office if needed, as well as an emergency vet clinic, for those accidents that always seem to happen when we`re least expecting.
2. Car Travel. It is best to hold food from your dog 4 hours prior to travel, especially if they are not used to car trips. Even pups get car sick! Take frequent bathroom breaks along the way, and be sure to offer water during stops.
3. Familiar items. Part of a healthy transition is to surround your dog with familiar pieces, such as bedding and toys. If your dog is used to sleeping in a bedroom, consider setting up their space first thing during the move. This can help them to feel secure, even in the chaos of a move.
4. Food. Sensitive digestive tract or not, a move is not a time to change the type of food you feed your pup. So be sure to stock up on their preferred variety before the move to ensure you don`t run out. Also, be sure to feed at your normal time in order to keep up your daily routine.
5. Dedicated Playtime. Exercise is extremely important for the physical and emotional health of your dog. A move can be a stressful time, making exercise even more important. Be sure to take your dog on daily walks, and to spend a good amount of time on stimulating play.
Use these simple steps to help Fido transition smoothly into his new home.
Date: August 11, 2010
Click Here for More Information
View Larger Map
- FTC Approves Fidelity National Financial
- Home sales up for October?
- The Federal Reserve on Homeownership
- Real Estate Prices Fall, Will Sellers Take Note?
- Housing starts jump to 5-month high
- Builder Confidence Rising
- Moving With Fido
- Green Living: Composting
- Feng Shui: Water Element
- Tips for Lowering Your Homeowners Insurance Bill